Superhero Wearable

The first thing that came to my mind with this assignment was the garments superheroes use, how they are different from each other not only because of their power, but the way they look like; garments are they’re way to communicate in a visual way who they are, what they do, and who they work with.

Then I thought about super heroines, and how they normally have really sexy garments, if they don’t show a lot of skin they have tights that enhance the body and they physical attributes they have. So the next step for me was, if I had to pick a super heroine I really like and make a “fashionable technology” garment, who would I choose? And how can I reflect what she is by this wearable I have to design?
So what I did, just pick my three top super heroines and take a little closer look to them.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Wonder Woman


Alter Ego:
Princess Diana of Themyscira

Weapons:
Bullet Proof Bracelets
Magic Lasso

Abilities:
God-like strength, speed, reflexes, stamina, durability, and hearing
Flight
Superior hand-to-hand and weapons combat skills
Animal empathy
Regeneration
Resistance to magic
Immunity to illusions and mind control
Ability to discern truth
Access to magical weaponry.

Garment:
Headband
Leotard
Boots
Bracelets

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Catwoman



Alter Ego:
Selina Kyle

Weapons:
Claws
Tail
Whip
Nine Lives

Abilities:
Peak athlete
Extremely skilled hand-to-hand combatant.
Expert burglar
Steel spring-loaded climbing pitons
Razor-sharp retractable claws
Wields an assortment of bullwhips and cat o’ nine tails as gymnastic equipment

Garment:
Mask
Bodysuit with attached boots (with domino-shaped infrared goggles on her cowl)

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Jayna (Wonder Twins)


Weapons:
Ring
Their powers were activated when the twins touched each other and spoke the words “Wonder Twin powers, activate!”

Abilities:
Can transform into any animal, whether real, mythological, indigenous to Earth or to some other planet.

Garment:
Ring
Tights
Boots

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
After reviewing these super heroines (one of them considered a villain), I started looking for a wearable and a power I could work with, with Wonder Woman, I thought it could be interesting working with her bracelets and make them her communication device, sending wireless signals and messages to anyone. For Catwoman, her claws and mask were the things that captured my attention, since she is an expert burglar, she would need some motion detection device for be aware of the presence of someone else.

I have to admit that my ideas were always thought with the fact that I have to build it, so that’s why I needed to keep it kind of simple for a superhero but challenging for myself.


0 comments:

Post a Comment