Fiber to Fabric

When I started reading these two chapters, I was first amazed on how to test a fabric’s structure by such simple methods; with our fingers, burning it, breaking it. I have only tested fabric for depending on the piece I want to make, if it needs ironing, if it crease easily and how it behaves. All these commons tests for making clothing, but I never thought about the background and the technical details a fabric has and how an entire industry works with. Of course, now that I see fabric with a new perspective, it’s amazing the importance it’s construction and how the elements used to build it makes us redimsension the normal use of it and create a technological approach with it.Even the concept of conductivity, how normally is used to create comfortable garments depending on the weather, it’s a useful information for us on how to choose a possible fabric for our projects.


0 comments:

Post a Comment